To get more out of Whisthub you can choose to take a premium subscription. This gives you access to a number of additional features for only €5 per month! If you choose to pay every 6 months or per year, you are entitled to a substantial discount!
Premium subscriptions are renewed automatically, but you can cancel anytime and reactivate later on. You can find more info in the terms and conditions.
Through the system of premium subscriptions, Whisthub generates revenue required to keep the website online and continue to develop it. As a premium user you get a number of additional features, but more importantly, this way you also support Whisthub!
Below you will find a detailed description of the additional features that you get as a premium user. Whisthub is constantly working on new features and so the list will only get longer in the long term!
To compare players and determine what players are reliable, Whisthub uses a reputation system. As a premium user you immediately earn 500 reputation points. These points will be added to the total you already have at that moment. That way you will immediately be accepted in more rooms.
On the website, premium users can also be recognized by a star. This way it is possible to create rooms that are only accessible to other premium users. This makes it even easier to find reliable players!
As a premium user you have to ability to customize the cards being used. As such it is possible to choose between the English KQJ cards, the Belgian RDV cards or the Dutch HVB cards.
Likewise it is possible to play with the classic cards with images or to arrange the cards in ascending order.
Customizing the cards being used can be done as premium user in your profile. You can access your profile by clicking on your name on the homepage.
Customizing game rules
As a premium user, you can also adjust the game rules when hosting a room or playing against the AI. There are currently three different options.
- You can set that players must bid at least 6 tricks when bidding solo. This rule is commonly used by many players.
- If you find other players to play small misery way too often, you can choose to turn this off. Of course this means you can no longer play small misery yourself as well!
- To piccolo or not to piccolo: that is the question! As a premium user you can choose to play either with or without piccolo.
- If you are tired of always being forced to play trull, you can also choose to turn this off. In that case, if someone has 3 or more aces, this does not need to be announced and the game will be played as if it were a regular game. The players with the aces therefore are not forced to team up.
Just like your cards, as a premium user you can set the game rules that you prefer in your profile.
While your premium subscription is active, statistics are kept that can be viewed in your profile. For example, it is tracked which types of contracts you play the most and how often they are won. You also have an overview of what place you end up on average in a room.
Success rate per contract
Reviewing the standings
Forgot who was in the lead when playing the next game? As a premium user, you can review the points table during the bidding. Click on the icon in the bottom left corner! This is of course not possible during the first game: after all, in that case no points are available yet!
Mute the chat
Are you annoyed that the chat messages disturb your concentration during the game? As a premium user you have the option to mute the chat until you send another message yourself! Click on the icon in the chat window to do this!
Do you have a question or a problem? As a premium user you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support and answers to all your questions!
And much more!
By becoming a premium user you ensure that Whisthub can be further developed. Therefore, future features that are added will mainly only be available to premium users. Some premium features that are sure to arrive in the future are:
- Befriending other people In the future it will be possible for premium users to become friends with other people. As such it will be possible to reserve a room for your friends as well as see their activity and statistics!
- Analysis of played games Premium users will have the opportunity to review, analyze and even replay all their games from the past 30 days!
- Tournaments In the future, online tournaments will be held on Whisthub that will only be open to premium users.
- Joining clubs The intention is to eventually add a system of clubs. Premium users can then join a club and find players from within the club more easily! Clubs will also have their own space on the website where you can send messages to the other members of the club!
- Other card games It has always been the intention to add multiple card games to Whisthub in the long term, such as normal Whist, Manille and Kings. Some of these games may only be available to premium users.
Become premium now!
Is there a trial period?
Websites that offer a subscription plan often allow a trial period. This does not exist on Whisthub. The main reason is that the free version of the website is deliberately very extensive. In combination with the description of the premium features, this should give a clear picture of what the premium subscription entails. In addition, the subscription is primarily a way to support Whisthub.
Moreover, offering a trial period involves extra work. Whisthub is convinced that this time can be better spent on improving the website and adding new features!
How can I pay?
Premium subscriptions can be payed by credit card. If you do not have a credit card Whisthub also offers the possibility to pay by internet banking. However, this way your subscription cannot be renewed automatically. Do you not have access to internet banking either? Contact email@example.com to discuss other possibilities!
How can I renew my subscription?
If you pay by credit card your subscription will be renewed automatically without any action required! Of course you can cancel your subscription at any time and reactivate it later on.
If you pay by internet banking your subscription cannot be renewed automatically. After your subscription has expired you will need to manually carry out a new payment if you want to renew your subscription.
How are payments processed?
Payments are processed by Stripe, an international company offering secure payment solutions over the internet. Due to the fact that Whisthub uses Stripe, Whisthub does not need to store your payment details. As such you can trust that payments are 100% secure!
Who do I pay?
Whisthub is incorporated in a private company Whisthub with company number 0746.750.441. This company is responsible for the management of the website. Whisthub is subject to the VAT exemption for small businesses, which means that no VAT has to be charged.